Dr. Froum is proud to offer the latest technology available for periodontal therapy: SOLEA® laser treatment. There are numerous advantages to using laser therapy as opposed to the traditional methods requiring a scalpel and sutures.
Dental lasers are a medical technology that emits a beam of concentrated light. When used for surgical and periodontal procedures, the laser acts as a cutting instrument. The procedures performed with dental lasers are minimally invasive and preferable to conventional surgery.
Lasers in dentistry allow for many procedures to be performed with no noise, minimal pain, less bleeding, faster recovery times, and fewer appointments.
Benefits of Laser Therapy
- Reduced heat and vibration
- Little or no need for anesthetic
- Minimal bleeding
- Faster treatment time
- Increased rate of retention of implants
- Reduced damage to healthy tissues
- Minimal post-operative swelling and discomfort
- Fewer infections or post-operative complications
Procedures Utilizing Lasers
- Place dental implants
- Reshape gum tissue
- Biopsy or remove soft tissue lesions and ulcers
- Increase rate of retention of implants
- Eliminate infection in gum tissue pockets
- Fuse tissues
- Perform frenectomies (such as correction of ankyloglossia)
- Perform oral surgery and extractions